Saturday, February 18, 2017

A Hairy Concern


I've repeatedly considered the clothing and toiletry situation, and I believe I will have those pared down to a minimum, but my hair is a different matter.  I have to wash it every other day, and by day two, it's looking pretty sad.  Now I'm usually a wear-it-straight or ponytail girl, but when my bangs are hanging oily in my eyes, it just looks terrible. I'm pretty sure I can manage without my little travel curling iron, but drying my hair is a different matter.

On my last trip to Ireland, the first morning in Killarney National Park was cold and rainy.  In June. It was about 40 degrees that day, though still gorgeous even in the drizzle.  We could see our breath.  So… me going out with wet hair in similar conditions won't be a good thing at all. I'd have the chills all day long.  

I don't recall any place we stayed on the last trip having a hair dryer, and I'd brought a dual voltage tiny one that was supposed to work but didn't.  And that was when I stopped washing my hair every day.  I used the plug adapter and the voltage converter, having changed the voltage switch before I ever plugged it in, as suggested, but it just wouldn't come on.  

However…. air-drying my hair takes hours, and then it looks awful.  I'm not sure what to do in this situation -- be cold and damp all day and look horrible, or order a tiny hair dryer directly from Amazon UK that is made for European voltages? I've got enough time to wait on it, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment