Saturday, November 14, 2009

contain those messy spills

I've stopped carrying a separate makeup bag on trips. I realized that it took up space, just to have this bag to hold my stuff inside another bag.... LOL

Plus, my makeup bag wouldn't contain a spill if a bottle opened or got a hole in it while traveling, and then my clothes would be splattered.

I just use easy-zip quart sized Hefty storage bags. I put the makeup which needs to stay dry in one bag; trial size bottles of wet stuff like shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and mousse go in the other. And in a third bag goes my tiny contact lens supplies.

If the bags become torn or soiled, I just replace them. Plus, it's easier to slip three quart bags in the open spaces in the bag than to reserve a big chunk of space for a single toiletry bag.

Also, I don't need EVERYTHING when I get into the shower and close the door - I don't need my makeup in there with me on a family trip, and I don't need the bathroom every time I take my contacts out for the night if my hands are already clean. This way, sharing a tiny bathroom with 4 other people is less irritating for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment